- 1 What is Temple Hair Transplant?
- 2 5 Know How in Temple Hair Transplant
- 2.1 Temple Hair Transplant in Women
- 2.2 Period After Temple Hair Transplant
- 2.3 Can the Hair Be Transplanted on Sides?
- 2.4 Where Can I Check Temple Hair Transplant Feedbacks and Results?
- 2.5 Will Temple Hair Transplant Look Natural?
- 2.6 What is Whiskers Hair Transplant?
- 2.7 What is Temple Hair Transplant Cost?
On this page, you will find information about the temple hair transplant, its technical details, and other specifications. Let us identify the temple area first.
- What is Temple? Where is it? The area between the ear, cheekbone, eye, and forehead is called the temple area. In this area, there is a bone called the temporal bone that feels hollow when pressed with a finger. There is the natural lateral hairline that we call the front temporal triangle extending down from the forehead. The transplants made on this side of the hairline are called temple hair transplantation.
What is Temple Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant on the area between the beard and whiskers with forehead is called a temple hair transplant. In type 2 hair loss it is not correct to consider forehead and temple hair transplants separately. Temple hair transplant can be referred to as regional hair transplantation. Temple’s hair shape and direction are different from other areas. It consists of thinner and single follicle grafts. This hair grows under a 5-10 degree angle and individual direction.
The temple area is also called a temporal triangle. You can find more details on our natural hair transplant page. Candidates who face hair loss usually have their temporal triangle thinning, and with years, its shape is shifted back together with the frontal hairline. This situation is a sequence of androgenic hair loss.
Temple hair transplant can be divided into 4 stages:
- Stage 1. The Temple triangle does not defect, the shape is clear
- Stage 2. The temple area is prominent, but the hair started thinning.
- Stage 3. The temporal triangle or temple area thinned progressively. Triangle shapes are lost.
- Stage 4. Triangle disappeared completely. The convex area is completely gone and becomes concave. This is mostly met in advanced hair loss.
Temple area hair shapes the face width, this is why this hair is important in general appearance. As a result, candidates with type 2-3 hair loss should also have temple hair transplant. Otherwise, face shape remains wide, which makes natural hair transplant less achievable.
How Does the Temple Shape is Determined?
Anatomical traits are helpful in determining temple triangles in patients who lost their temple area hair. This picture clearly illustrates the situation.
- The line is drawn up from nose top through apple of eye.
- Second line goes from ear tip to the middle of the frontal hairline
The area created by connecting these two lines is the temple triangle area. In the picture above the temple hair transplant was done to the patient with type 2-3 hair loss. The determined area is the place where the natural temple triangle was before thinning. Depending on the patient’s grafts number hair transplant surgeons can make changes in the operation.
How Is Temple Hair Transplant Done?
As it was mentioned above, in patients with hair loss type 2-3 temple hair transplant is done together with the hairline transplant on the forehead. Sometimes, candidates who face no hair loss apply for temple transplants (aesthetics).
There is no difference between the temple hair transplant preparation period and the regular. The surgeon must make proper planning based on the number of the grafts (distribution of grafts to forehead, temple, and whiskers). Based on this he extracts grafts by FUE method. Consequently, he anesthetizes the recipient area an Hair transplant is operated by the FUE and DHI. We prefer only pen implanter. It is much easier to implant roots under diverse angles and directions by the implanter pen.d start implantation.
5 Know How in Temple Hair Transplant
There are some basic techniques in temple hair transplant without which the operation may result in bad hair transplant. Here they are:
- The hair must be implanted almost horizontally, under 5-10 degrees. While on the forehead 10-15 degree implantation is acceptable
- Temple roots must be single hair grafts. If there are not enough single hair roots, double or triple haired roots can be split. At least the frontal temple line must consist of a single hair. Double hair roots can be implanted inside of the triangle
- Temple frontal line hair must be the thinnest as well.
- The hair on the temple triangle top should be directed inside towards the triangle, parallel to the triangle line. This is the most common mistake made in temple hair transplant
- The hair on the bottom of the temple triangle must be directed down. The higher hair must be parallelled to the triangle side. With the transition to the whiskers, the hair must be implanted parallelly to the whiskers’ hair.
Temple Hair Transplant in Women
Usually, temple hair loss in women progresses together with frontal hairline thinning. Temple’s shape in women is not as sharp as in men. The hair transplant principle in this area is the same as in men’s hair transplant. Grafts must be implanted almost attached to the skin. Hair directions are the same as remaining hair’s.
Period After Temple Hair Transplant
Recovery phase after the temple hair transplant is the same as the regular.
- Hair wash is the same as hair wash after the hair transplant
- Temple hair may also face shock loss.
- One of the important points is the sleeping position. After a temple hair transplant, the patient must be careful not to contact the pillow.
- You can contact us for the temple before and after the results.
- Temple’s hair transplant cost is the same.
Whiskers Hair Transplant
Whisker is the area where the beard connects with the temple. Candidates who are beardless from the birth or who faced hair loss in this area can apply for transplant. Whiskers’ hair transplant is done together with the beard transplant or temple hair transplant. One of the most important points in whiskers’ hair implantation is grafts directions. All hair must be directed down, not to the left or right sides. Follicles are implanted under 5-10 degrees, almost attached to the skin. These pictures show before and after whiskers hair transplant.
Can the Hair Be Transplanted on Sides?
Very rare hair is transplanted only to sides. Usually, whisker and temple hair transplants are operated together with hairline.
Where Can I Check Temple Hair Transplant Feedbacks and Results?
The best resource is the internet. You can check hair transplant forums. We also published our results on this website.
Will Temple Hair Transplant Look Natural?
This entirely depends on the hair transplant surgeon. There are two main rules in temple hair transplant. These are: proper implantation angle and single hair roots. If they are implemented in surgery, it will result in natural looking hair.
What is Whiskers Hair Transplant?
Whisker is the area between temple and beard. Usually, the whisker area contains a combination of beard and head hair. Transplantation in this area is called whiskers’ hair transplant
What is Temple Hair Transplant Cost?
There is no difference between regular and temple hair transplant costs. The price is the same.