Dr. Hakan Doganay, with his vast experience in hair transplants, is a leading doctor in the field in Turkey. Moreover, his name is well recognized abroad. He is included in doctor recommendation lists in various international hair transplant surgery associations and reputable forums. He operates the hair transplants at Lara Anadolu Hospital in Antalya.
About Dr. Hakan Doganay
- Dr. Hakan Doganay was born in Istanbul in 1969.
- He went to school and university in Konya, Turkey.
- He enrolled in the medical faculty at Selcuk University in 1986 and successfully graduated in 1993.
- He served the government at various departments between 1993 – 2008. Within 2000 and 2004, he worked as the Antalya Regional Chief Physician in General Directorate of Borders and Coasts of the Ministry of Health. During 2004 and 2009, he continued the career as an emergency doctor at Antalya Serik State Hospital.
- In 2003 he started the hair transplants and established AHD Hair Transplant Clinic. He began with the FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) surgery technique.
- In 2004 he enrolled hair restoration surgery courses by the Ministry of Health and obtained Medical Aesthetic Specialist Certificate.
- In 2009 Dr. Hakan Doganay resigned from the government position finally to devote the entire time to hair transplants. He has been realizing his hair transplant operations at already established AHD Hair Transplant Clinic, now for more than 10 years.
Hair Transplants By Dr. Hakan Doganay
Dr. Hakan Doganay began working with the FUT technique in 2003. Later, in 2005, he started the FUE method (Follicular Unit Extraction). Since then he has been operating only by the FUE method. In 2009 Pen implanter drew his interest, and he started applying it too. It is said that Dr. Hakan Doganay is a doctor, who introduced the pen implanter (the Dhi technique) to Turkey. In addition to these contributions, he pioneered many other applications in hair transplants.
The procedures like unshaven hair transplant or hair transplant from beard have recently been gaining popularity in Turkey while Dr. Doganay does them since 2009. He may also have achieved world records by transplantation of more than 6.000 hair grafts. He as well performed brilliant results in hair transplants in women, mustache and beard transplants, chest and body hair transplants, and finally, eyebrow transplants. Dr. Hakan Doganay has operated more than 3.000 hair transplant surgeries between 2003 and 2020, building an outstanding reputation. Besides that, he does hair restoration of unsuccessful hair transplants.
Dr. Hakan Doganay, together with 19 doctor colleagues, has initiated and Association of Turkish Hair Transplant Doctors being one of its members. This association is aimed to standardize the quality of Hair Transplants in Turkey and bring Turkey’s prestige in the world to higher levels.
Dr. Hakan Doganay’s International Memberships
Dr. Doganay is an internationally known hair transplant doctor. He is a member of several popular associations in the field of hair transplant surgery. Moreover, Dr. Doganay’s name is on the list of recommended doctors on reputable websites. This is why the majority of his patients are people from all over the World. Here are some of these international sources:
- https://ishrs.org/ INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF HAIR RESTORATION SURGERY
- ( American Hair Loss Association )
- https://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/hakan-doganay ( International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons )
- https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/ (2012- 2016)
- HAIR SITE
- http://hairtransplantsforum.com/ ( H.T.F)